Monday, August 1, 2011

How I'm Filling My Time

I have 2 weeks left to enjoy my free time and craft away. I've been able to make several Christmas presents already, which is always nice-- it's fun to make original gifts for my loved ones AND to have them taken care of way in advance so that when December rolls around and I finish gathering gifts for everyone, I don't get too overwhelmed.

Yesterday, after Eric left I immersed myself in a project: I made a travel jewelry roller. Here are the pieces:


These pieces took half a yard to make, and they're all interfaced with the same fabric so that the insides of the pockets look as nice as the outside.


This is the finished product! It is about 7" wide and unrolls to about 18"-- great for traveling. 


Opened, this is the roller. From top to bottom, it has one unfastened pocket, which can hold bracelets; it has two fabric ribbons that tie together-- the user slips her rings onto the ribbons then ties them to hold everything in place; and it has a zipper pocket at the bottom to hold necklaces.


The ring ribbons are easier to see in this picture.

Every woman who has ever traveled with jewelry knows that if you don't have  some convenient way to store it, it can get lost, tangled, or damaged in the process of going from one place to another. This little roller took just a few hours and half a yard of fabric to make, and I can't wait to give it to someone special for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment