Thursday, September 29, 2011

Texas Girl (Interrupted)

**First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of frequency in posting; I realize that your world revolves around my blog and I know I've left you hanging. However, I'm a graduate student struggling to maintain a social life, so something's gotta give, and that something is this blog.

I am from Texas. I hate the cold.

I hate the wind when it's already cold outside.

When the wind is blowing and it's cold outside, I especially hate the rain.

Tonight I strutted my Texas pride; I put away my umbrella (I simply could not find out which way the wind was blowing) and quit trying to fight the blisters on my feet from the nice shoes I wore today. I put on my imaginary cowboy boots and took off my shoes, carrying them the two blocks home.

If you saw a girl walking home tonight who was barefoot in the freezing rain with no umbrella, that was me. And I was smiling, thinking of home.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog tonight while I wait for photos to upload to flickr. You better get ya some comfy shoes girl!

    ReplyDelete