Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sunrise Vase

The other day I got a little adventurous with my hot glue gun and decided to make a few things for the apartment. I don't have many vases. In fact, I only have one, and there are times when it just doesn't work for the flowers I have.

So I decided to get creative and make a couple of new ones so that I'd have more options. I made these with individual-serving size wine bottles.


What you'll need to make one yourself are the following items:

a hot glue gun
an empty wine bottle (small or large)
yarn or twine in your color of choice

The method is simple:
Start at the bottom of the vase and use one bead of glue to secure the end of the yarn/twine. Continue to use beads of glue and wrap the bottle from the bottom to the top. You can switch out colors like I did or do it all in a solid color. Just be sure to use extra glue at the ends of your strings to prevent fraying.

I recommend using hot glue instead of regular glue so that when you wash your vases the yarn doesn't come off.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment