Saturday, July 5, 2014

First Married Fourth

It's been 2 1/2 months since my last post-- eek! In my defense, the last 2 1/2 months have been quite possibly the busiest in my life! Let's see if we can figure out what was eating up so much of my time...

I finished up my first year of teaching.
I got married.
I went on my honeymoon.
I came back to start up my second year of teaching.
I got the apartment cleaned up and updated with all of our new gifts.
I started up a side business on Etsy.
I can't get enough of my husband!

Yup, it's been busy! I am planning to post many pictures and ideas from our wonderful wedding as soon as I can; until then, I am going to share a totally unrelated, absolutely delicious recipe I just tried!

In honor of the holiday, I made a special breakfast for Eric and me. Of course, it had to be red, white, and blue. I made a delicious, sweet, and syrupy fruit crisp. Try the recipe below!


You'll need:
2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats or oat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter, melted

First, preheat your oven to 350, and have a 2-quart baking dish ready.

To make the filling, combine all your fruit, the lemon zest and juice, and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl. Pour the filling into the baking dish and set it aside.

For the topping, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, making sure you stir well to mix the butter in evenly. Spoon the crumb mixture over the top of the crisp.

Bake the crisp for 35 minutes. You can serve it hot or cold, for breakfast, or with ice cream for dessert!

Go ahead and enjoy; I'll be posting more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment