Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dinner By The Seat Of My Pants

Let me start by saying how easy and delicious this recipe was. In fact, it was so easy, I made it up on the spot as I was cooking dinner.

You'll need:
  • enough pasta for the table; I used fettucine
  • about 6-8 shrimp per person
  • 1 packaged grape tomatoes
  • a good handful of fresh chopped basil
  • chili powder or other seasoning for the shrimp
  • olive oil
  • butter
  • garlic


First, you want to boil the fettucine. While it's cooking, heat a couple of tablespoons of butter in a small skillet (I used Smart Balance, for less fat). Add 1 clove of smashed garlic, and just before the butter is completely melted, add your shrimp. Season the skillet with chili powder.




Once the pasta is ready to be drained, toss the basil and tomatoes into the skillet with the shrimp. Drain the pasta and drizzle with olive oil.
Toss the pasta and serve, topping with the shrimp skillet mixture. Make sure you get plenty of the melted butter along with shrimp and tomatoes.



**If you're looking for a less carb-a-holic alternative, you can make yourself feel better by using whole wheat pasta, which I meant to buy but accidentally didn't. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment