Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence Day? Psh. Independence Weekend

In approximately 2 hours and 25 minutes I will be headed South from Moore, en route to the Max Westheimer airport in Norman to meet Eric and pile all my crap into his car. We will then talk about how I need to scale back on the amount of crap I require for a weekend away, after which I will tease him for needing a specific pillow no matter where he is.

After this lovely exchange of blissful cuteness, we will depart, southbound on I-35, on our way to the sights and the sounds and the rush-hour traffic of Dallas. We're headed to my cousin's house tonight to wish him farewell as he gets ready to go study abroad in Spain! (I'm jealous.) After that we're spending the rest of our night hanging out with my brother and two good friends from high school.

Tomorrow we're having morning coffee with Becky and JAG, hanging out during the afternoon and taking my dad to a Rangers game in the evening for his belated Fathers Day gift. Sunday is a free day, although Eric has made us swear to, at some point, go to In and Out Burger. I'm sure it will change my life...

Monday we're celebrating Independence Day and heading back up to Norman so that he can teach idiots who almost kill him on a regular basis students how to fly. While he does that, I'll be soaking up UV Rays and skin cancer by the pool, enjoying a book and loving the fact that I have the freedom and privilege to do everything I just wrote about, without having to fear for my life or the lives of my family.

Have a happy 4th of July, and remember to be grateful for all the happiness we get to enjoy on a regular basis. Pray for those who don't have such luck, and please, please, pray for the men and women who serve our nation, and the families who miss and worry about them every second they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment