Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shopping Day!

Today is shopping day!

I wish I was talking about shoes. Instead, I am talking about grocery shopping. Grocery shopping, while satisfying in a very non-starvation sort of way, is far less satisfying than shopping for shoes. But I guess I'll settle.

This week I have ventured out of my comfort zone and made a few dishes for dinner that I never would have attempted before. I made baked flounder, seasoned with basil, lemons and onions; served with scotch-steamed potatoes and salad. I also threw together some meatballs last night which are stuffed full of onions, garlic, bacon (for flavor), lemon zest and rosemary. As meatballs are something completely off my radar, I was quite proud.

Food has become a new area for me. It used to be that I would sit down to an elegant bowl of spaghettios on a regular basis; I still do that, but not quite as often. Instead I'm opting for more time-consuming and satisfying recipes that stretch my imagination and test my prowess. And I'm finding that I LOVE it.

I hope to be sharing recipes on here soon of dishes that I've loved for years, as well as the ones I am just getting to know. While I lack a fancy camera to document the process, I may stick a few pity photos here and there for a general idea of what everything should look like.

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would love being in the kitchen cooking for my family, my boyfriend, my friends-- pretty much anyone-- I would have laughed in your face and blared my emo-rock even louder. But things have changed and, surprisingly, so have I.

I like this new-ish me.

No comments:

Post a Comment