Friday, October 7, 2011

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner

Tomorrow is the annual battle to the death, the ultimate competition, the celebrated rivalry of OU and Texas football!!!

Are you properly excited? If not, you need to start reading this post again.

This will be the first year that I haven't had easy access to the game, whether by attendance or television. You see, usually I'm in Dallas watching the game at home with my family, or in Norman watching the game with friends. In high school I was lucky enough to go the game with my Dad, back when I was delusional naive enough to have a deep love for *gulp* Texas. I have since seen the light.

However, up here in no man's land Chicago access to Big XII football is more difficult to come by. But I have a plan! Eric and I are going to do our damndest to find a bar that's showing the game and we're going to watch while we eat horribly, deliciously unhealthy food. All while texting and calling my parents to tell them how wrong they were in choosing Texas. It will be quite a change, since in the past I've had the luxury of being either at home in Norman amid the throng of Sooner spirit, or at home in Dallas, shouting team-bashing insults across the couch with my parents. Since no one up here really gives two figs about Oklahoma football, it's going to be a little difficult to drum up the same enthusiasm.

BUT! As a loyal Sooner, I'll make my own gosh-durn enthusiasm. I'd hate to make Bob Stoops prematurely turn over in his not-yet-existent grave by my lack of Sooner love.

So on that note, here we go!

I'm Sooner-born, I'm Sooner-bred
And when I die I'll be Sooner-dead
Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma!
Rah, Oklahoma!
O-K-U!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment