Saturday, August 20, 2011

Settled In

Today I officially began my time in Chicago as a student on my own. My mom and I drove up Tuesday, stayed the night in St. Louis, and arrived Wednesday afternoon. We unloaded craploads a lot of stuff. The movers brought the rest on Thursday, and until last night it looked like everything I owned had exploded all over the floor. My dad came up as well, and we had a great time seeing campus, going to the sparkle Target (the side that faces the "L" has a giant sparkly logo on the wall) eating at the nearby pizzeria more than once, and just unpacking. Today they left to head back to Texas.

I'm strangely conflicted. On one hand, it made me sad to see them leave; we had such a good time laughing and joking and enjoying each others' company. And being here alone is pretty terrifying. On the other hand, I'm excited to see what it's going to be like, and I'm excited to get to know this side of myself. On the other hand, it sure was nice to get spoiled. On the other hand, it's nice to live by my own schedule... I'm running out of hands.

Anyway, in the days leading up to the big move, I didn't have a whole lot to do, since all my stuff was packed up and ready to go. So I resorted to knitting:


Behold! The first of a pair of socks to be worn around the house! Chicago is going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment