Wednesday, August 10, 2011

X & Y

My posts here have been somewhat sporadic and will continue to be a little more sparse than usual. In the all the crapitude hooplah of moving and getting packed and ready for all my stuff to be transported, blogging has fallen by the wayside. It probably doesn't help that my internet access is restricted to when I schlep to Starbucks for internet, since my neighbors finally secured their internet connection after 2 months of giving it away to others. Personally, I say sharing is caring, but I guess they disagree.

I've started working on my researching duties which come with the whole graduate school education package. So far it's going well-- that could be due to the fact that it's somewhat unofficial as of yet, and school hasn't started. I'm anticipating a little more of a freak-out once classes begin and I'm reading 14 books in a day. But so far, it's actually a bit fun to get my feet wet and get used to how I'll be doing things.

Speaking of this wonderful job, though, I must return to my work. I leave you with a musical recommendation:


It's Coldplay. Now I know that many say they're whiny and maybe they are. But they whine so melodically and lyrically that it's really almost like reading Catcher in the Rye, which happens to be one of my favorite books-- and if you don't know what I mean by that, go read it! It'll be evident by page 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment